The Ultimate Itinerary for Outdoor Adventure in Key West
From parasailing through clear skies to jet skiing across the light blue ocean, there are many exciting things to do in the Keys! Looking for the right place to start your Key West adventure? From sun up to sun down, The Inn at Key West has come up with an ideal day of fun on the sand and sea! If your idea of a perfect day includes great food, beaches, and watersports in Key West, then we’ve got you covered.
The Ultimate Guide For A Day Of Key West Watersports:
Let’s get it started…
- What’s the most important part of every day? Breakfast, of course! Enjoy daybreak at Hammock’s Café, our delightful tropical escape within The Inn at Key West. Sip on a poolside mimosa and savor a hearty omelet before you head out for your Key West activities!
- Now it’s time to see Key West from above the waves! Parasailing is one of the best ways to get a unique view of the beauty of Key West. Go solo or soar with a friend as you enjoy the exhilarating rush of the tropical breeze through your hair.
- Once you’ve burned up that delicious morning breakfast, you’ll need to stop and refuel for the rest of your Key West adventure! Pick up some of your favorite meats, cheeses, and veggies before heading to the beach! We suggest stopping by Fausto’s Food Place at 522 Fleming Street, a neighborhood grocery store for 76 years with a great selection of fresh produce. Most Key West beaches have beautiful picnic areas for under the shady palm trees, or you can lather up the sunscreen and sit in the sun!
- Enjoy your meal, and then get your snorkel-face on! Okay, maybe it’s less like a face and more like a mask, but the good news is that most beaches rent out beach gear for snorkeling and other Key West watersports. Spend some time swimming with the fishes, play some beach volleyball, or simply work on your tan on the soft sand. The beach is your oyster!
- Now that you’re fed and rejuvenated, it’s time to ride the waves on jet skis! Race your friends down the 25 mile tour around the island and see Key West as few people get to see it. With the wonderful weather and warm waters, jet skiing is a favorite Key West watersport for tourists and locals alike!
Break it down, now!
- After a fun day on the sea, change into comfortable clothes and enjoy a sunset sail! Unwind with delicious cocktails and appetizers as you watch a beautiful Key West sunset. When the last bit of sun disappears below the horizon, you might see a green glow, or the “Green Flash,” as locals call it. This atmospheric phenomenon is rare, but Key West is one of the best places in the world to witness it. Don’t forget your camera!
- End your night with a scrumptious meal from one of the many fantastic places to eat in Key West. If you’re looking for a romantic, oceanside Key West dinner, we highly recommend Louie’s Back Yard! Or if you’ prefer casual fun for the whole group, Half Shell Raw Bar is the perfect place to reflect on your day of Key West adventure.
Be sure to call our concierge before your arrival at 305.294.5541 ext. 7360, or meet our concierge in our lobby on your arrival. Our concierge has all of the inside connections and will be able to arrange all of these activities for you.