5th Annual Florida Keys Ocean Festival
Saturday, March 29th, 2014
Annual Florida Keys Ocean Festival and Waterfront Craft Show is held every year in March to benefit Mote Marine Laboratory’s Coral Reef Restoration Programs. Enjoy many activities for children, including a fishing seminar for kids – the first 100 kids under age 12 who are registered online receive a free rod – live entertainment all day, more than 70 arts, crafts, food vendors, and exhibitors, as well as a silent auction. Howard Livingston and the MM 24 Band are to headline the day of fun!
Marine life artist Wyland, internationally acclaimed for his work to preserve and protect the ocean realm, is to be a special guest at the festival. Wyland is to paint with attending children at 1 pm and give a painting demonstration at 4 pm with his creations auctioned for charity.
Presented by Florida-based Mote Marine Laboratory, the event is set for 11 am to 6 pm at the Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center, located on Key West’s Truman Waterfront past the end of Southard Street. Admission and parking are free.
- Free Sky Rides on Keys Energy Bucket Trucks
- Nautical Themed Face Painting
- Rock Climbing, Bounce House, Bungee Game, Water Wheels
- Touch Tanks and Live Animals on display
- Kids Treasure Hunt
- Passport to the Ocean Game
Scheduled Music and More:
- Silent Auction
- Painting with Wyland!
- Live Music: Howard Livingston & MM24 band
- Wyland Art Auction “live”
- Custom Dragonfly Paddleboard Raffle (only 250 tickets)
Contact Roberta 305-292-7963 or Jason 305-393-6022 for more information.